Tuesday, October 14, 2008

the first of an apparent many

So I just decided to follow in a friends footsteps and begin cataloging my life via computer. Well I feel like there's so much I need to catch the world up on. My life is just SO exciting! NOT! Welcome to the life of a 20 year old bum who is secretly obsessed with drama. I hate it, yet it seems I can't live without it. I think the best way to compare it is like an addiction to heroin. This may surprise people, but heroin actually will never kill you. Much like drama won't kill me. All it does is keep me coming back for more. It doesn't hurt me, it just makes my life rather hellish for a time, then the dreamy high passes, and I immediately start looking for my next fix. My drug of choice? Well let me tell you, I've become so addicted to it, because its sooo reliable. Whenever things are going well I can always count on her to knock me back down a few notches. She is sweet like sugar, pure like spring rain, yet poisonous like a rattle snake, and deceptive like a used car salesmen. She lies in wait, looking innocent and enticing, and it works every time. My drug of choice? Women. To protect those involved I will use false names in all stories and experiences through out these adventures of a young adult drama-King.

So I honestly don't understand myself sometimes. I try and have just friends, but even they give me grief! Maybe I make everything worse by trying to fix all my friends problems out of some sick sense of responsibility. It seems like its un-avoidable. I feel like a car stuck in a train tunnel. I have no escape. Now lets be clear, nothing that happens is ever life threatening or anything horrible. It's just the annoying kind of things that, over time, can drive a relationship apart like water freezing through the tiniest crack in a rock. Don't get me wrong, every now and then something happens that blows apart a relationship a lot more like dynamite in that same rock, but thats much less common.

See this is whats screwed up about me. Last weekend I got shafted hard core by this one chick I was kinda into. Then last night I had an extremely aggravating conversation with a girl about a good friend of mine who came into my life for 2 weeks and wreaked HAVOC in it! She was collateral. Then right now, literally RIGHT NOW, I'm texting this one girl who at one point I was kinda into, but she wouldn't give me the time of day and am IMing another one who I have no plan for.

I wonder if they have support groups for people like me...

1 comment:

emma said...

you're nuts. but i like the comparison of drama to heroin, haha